Written by Andrea
I am almost embarassed to write this post and indicate to you where I found this fabulous recipe. No, it isn’t The Pioneer Woman. I find most of my recipes on her blog… but lately I have a new addiction.
As if I have to tell any of you… it is Pinterest. The huge time suck that seems to encompass hours of my time and irritates my husband to no end.
Finally, Pinterest has generated something that even Brad loves.
White Chicken Enchiladas.
Oh. My. Goodness.
Last Thursday, we had a couple of guests over and I was supposed to cook dinner. I was trying to come up with something new… you know, since these guests (Paul and Rebecca) have eaten nearly any meal that I can cook that is worth anything.
I decided to do Mexican and began searching for a new recipe. When I found the White Chicken Enchilada recipe, I thought it sounded pretty good.
It was more than good. It was delicious… it makes my mouth water just thinking about it. It tasted so similar to the chicken chimichangas that I order at nearly every single Mexican restaurant I visit. Delicious.
So, if you are looking for a new one to try, this needs to be on your must try list. It’s worth it.Oh… and it’s pretty simple to boot. After all, even I could pull it off.
White Chicken Enchiladas (As taken from Joyful Momma’s Kitchen)
10 soft taco shells
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (4 oz) can diced green chillies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 pan
2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don’t want curdled sour cream.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.
Cook these and ENJOY!